Do You Dry Shampoo?
Dry Shampoos continue to crash the daily shampoo-and-repeat party. According to Mintel, regular shampoo usage has seen a slight decline, as 85% (2016) of those polled indicated they wash their hair less, compared to 89% just a year earlier (2015). In addition to just washing their hair less frequently, consumers are purchasing more dry shampoos as indicated, with usage increasing by 4% in 2016(2). However, it hasn’t always been positive for dry shampoos. Their slow rise to fame is attributed to an adjustment in their marketing message. In 2006, dry shampoos focused on ease of use and UV protection. Now they are positioned as time savers and tout free-from claims.
Don’t expect this rise to fame to slow down anytime soon. As the world continues to deal with water scarcity, dry shampoos address this global concern.
Also, dry shampoos are perfectly positioned to go after the growing ethnic hair care market.
INCI: Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch + Cetrimoniumchloride
- Available in a yellow, brown, black and red to blend with hair color and reduce the powdery white effect.
- Provides added benefit of root touch-up on top of texturizing and sebum absorption.
Microzest 25 Bamboo and Coconut
(Bamboo) INCI: Bambusa Arundinacea Stem Extract
(Coconut) INCI: Cocos Nucifera Shell Powder
- The bamboo is composed of more than 70% of organic silica that is well know to absorb the sebum at higher rates then the benchmarks.
- The coconut is brown in color, which prevents white residue on dark hair.
- Effective for a broad range of adsorption applications
- Best for applications with a complex mix of odors, or when the odors have not been individually identified
INCI: Cetrimonium Chloride
- A vegetable based conditioning agent
- Easy blending liquid
INCI: Isopropyl Myristate
- Clear, colorless, almost odorless oil
INCI: Panthenol and Propylene Glycol
- Provides long lasting moisture and improves luster and sheen
- Prevents hair damage and thickens hair
INCI: Cyclopentasiloxane (and) Dimethiconol
- Repairs and protects from external damage
- Water resistant, providing a breathable non-comedogenic protection barrier that is long lasting
- Excellent sebum absorption and water repellency
- Possess an exceptional lubricity but leaves a luxurious dry feel
INCI: Hydrolyzed Keratin
- Rebuilds tensile strength, returns elasticity, and reduces breakage
- Revitalizes the hair’s natural protective layer
INCI: Tocopheryl Acetate
- Protects against free radicals
- Improves elasticity
- Preservative that allows color and odor stable product.
- “Category Insight: Shower & Bath Products.” Mintel. N.p., Feb. 2016. Web. 21 Sept. 2016.
- “Category Insight: Shampoo & Conditioner.” Mintel. N.p., May 2016. Web. 21 Sept. 2016.
- Mohiuddin, Oru. “Mass and Efficacy: Key Growth Drivers in Hair Care – Part I.” Euromonitor. N.p., 30 June 2015. Web. 21 Sept. 2016.