We get what you are going through in your efforts to deliver UV protection, SPF boosting benefits, and a sensory profile that pleases your consumers, while complying with regulations in the face of imminent re-formulation demands. Today, you can find the answers you are looking for here. Let’s get started!
We can help you transform the Sun Care re-formulation challenge into an opportunity
Our expertise is in sun care solutions for your relevant needs:
- SPF boosting
- Broad-spectrum performance
- Improved spreading and solubilization of UV filters
- Effective photo stabilizers
Create Multifunctional Sun Care Products for Active Beauty Lifestyles
In addition to sun protection, we can help you seize the opportunity with ingredients that deliver added-value to your sun care formulations, in alignment with multifunctional and hybrid product trends. Enhance your products with natural butters, oils, extracts, actives, emollients and more.
- Skin hydration and protection
- Deep healing
- Powerful anti-oxidant benefits
- Anti-pollution and anti-blue light benefits
- Photo aging prevention
- Skin soothing and anti-redness
Chat with us
Our technical experts are just a click away to help you find the right ingredients.
Sun Care Regulatory Landscape Q&A
We thought it would be helpful to provide you with the sources to learn more about regulations impacting Sun Care products:
HAWAII BAN ON OXYBENZONE AND OCTINOXATE
Gov. David Ige signed SB 2571, Act 104 — prohibiting the sale, offer of sale, and distribution of sunscreens that contain the chemicals oxybenzone and octinoxate in Hawai‘i, beginning Jan. 1, 2021. Click to continue
CURRENT REGULATIONS FOR SUNSCREEN DRUG PRODUCTS FOR OVER-THE-COUNTER HUMAN USE
- What are the sunscreen active ingredients and the permitted combinations of active ingredients?
- What are the labeling statements that shall be prominently placed on the principal display panel of sunscreen drug products?
- What are the rules for labeling of sunscreen drug products, and labeling of permitted combinations of active ingredients?
- What are the testing procedures for standard sunscreens?
- What are the testing procedures for the light source (solar simulator)?
- What are the general testing procedures?
- What are the testing procedures for the determination of SPF value?
- What are the testing procedures to determine if a product is water-resistant or very water-resistant?
- What are the test modifications?
PROPOSED REGULATIONS FOR SUNSCREEN DRUG PRODUCTS FOR OVER-THE-COUNTER HUMAN USE
Executive Summary by the FDA: “The Food and Drug Administration is publishing this proposed rule as part of the regulatory proceeding to put into effect a final monograph  for nonprescription, OTC sunscreen drug products under the OTC Drug Review”… “We emphasize that this proposed rule does not represent a conclusion by FDA that the sunscreen active ingredients included in the Stayed 1999 Final Monograph but proposed here as Category III are unsafe for use in sunscreens. Rather, we are requesting additional information on these ingredients so that we can evaluate their GRASE status in light of changed conditions, including substantially increased sunscreen usage and exposure and evolving information about the potential risks associated with these products since they were originally evaluated.” Click to continue
Happi.com Article: FDA Advances Proposed Rule on Sunscreens
What’s on the Market?
Emerging opportunities for creative minds like yours:
- Multifunctional Sun Sticks
- Antipollution Sunscreens