AEROSIL® R 812 is a fumed silica after treated with HMDS based on AEROSIL® 300.
- The product has a large specific surface area and is very hydrophobic
- Good flowability and dispersion properties
- Excellent effect in the rheological control of complex liquid systems (such as 2 K PUR coatings)
- Because of the fineness of the particles and the very marked hydrophobia, the product acts as an excellent flow agent for fine powders up to 1 µm
- Very efficient rheological control additive and also used for thixotropy control in polar to semi-polar coating systems and in adhesive and sealant materials
- Efficient effect as flow agent in very different applications, such as powder coatings, toners, or cosmetics
- Enhances the anti-corrosion properties for coatings
- To improve the storage stability of oil dispersions in agrochemicals
- Improves the mechanical properties of various polymer systems, such as silicone rubber
- In coatings and adhesives, AEROSIL® R 812 acts as an anti-settling agent, stabilizes pigments, and increases the anti-corrosive effect
Thickens the oil phase.