AEROSIL® R 974 V is a densified hydrophobic fumed silica after treated with DDS (Dimethyldichlorosilane).
- Silicone rubber
- Paints and coatings
- Negative toner
- Coating polymers
- Hydrophobic reinforcing component for HCR silicone rubber.
- Water resistant, hydrophobising of liquid systems.
- Rheology control of (complex) liquid systems.
- For use in coatings as an anti-settling agent, for pigment stabilization and improvement of corrosion protection.
- Improvement and maintenance of free-flow and anti-caking characteristics of powders.
- Improves hydrophobicity and rheology of offset printing inks.
- Due to large surface area improved thickening and thixotropic effect as well as transparency.
- Improved incorporation and handling when applying sufficient shear forces.