AEROSIL® R 974 is a hydrophobic fumed silica after treated with DDS (Dimethyldichlorosilane) based on a hydrophilic fumed silica with a specific surface area of 200 m2/g.
- Silicone rubber and silicone sealants
- Paints and coatings
- Negative toner
- Coating polymers
- Hydrophobic component for thickening and reinforcement of RTV-1 pack silicone sealants.
- Improves the shelf-life of silicone sealants.
- Water resistant, for thickening and hydrophobising of liquid systems.
- Rheology control of (complex) liquid systems.
- For use in coatings as an anti-settling agent, for pigment stabilization and improvement of corrosion protection.
- Improves hydrophobicity and rheology of offset printing inks.
- Improvement and maintenance of free flow and anti-caking characteristics of powders.
- Due to large surface area improved thickening and thixotropic effect as well as transparency.
Thickens the oil phase.