AEROSIL® 200 is a hydrophilic fumed silica with a specific surface area of 200 m2/g. AEROSIL fumed silica effectively prevents moistening and caking of the peroxo and persulfate salts usually used in bleaching powders. This results in improved free-flow properties even after extended storage. AEROSIL 200 can also be used as a thickening and stabilizing agent in bleaching creams.
In hair dyes, AEROSIL® fumed silica prevents a premature reaction and caking of powdered colorant components. AEROSIL 200 is particularly effective as a drying agent in a concentration of up to 4.0 percent w/w.
In hair conditioners, hydrophilic AEROSIL® types such as AEROSIL 200 and AEROSIL 300, can help increase the volume of the hair, counteracting the “flattening” effect of the conditioning agents.
- Paints and coatings
- Unsaturated polyester resins, laminating resins and gel coats
- HTV- and RTV-2K-silicone rubber
- Adhesives and sealants
- Printing Inks
- Cable compounds and cable gels
- Plant protection
- Rheology and thixotropy control of liquid systems, binders, polymers, etc.
- Used as anti-settling, thickening, and anti-sagging agent.
- Reinforcement of HTV- and RTV-2K silicone rubber.
- Improvement of free flow and anticaking characteristics of powders.
Thickens the oil phase.